South Bay: Antipastos By DeRose


I had never even heard of Antipastos by DeRose when CK asked me about it.  Even though I've basically lived in San Jose my whole life, I'm being schooled by a newcomer about what's good in my own city.

There's no shame in that though.  So I happily went along with CK, Abby, and my cousin one afternoon in July:


Antipastos is a family owned deli that offers an array of fresh fish and meat:


There's also a counter for cold sandwiches and a whole separate counter for hot food:


We were most interested in the hot selection.  Antipastos makes all of its ravioli and tortellini in-house and from scratch.  We got a plate of the tortellini with cream sauce ($9.99):


And a plate of the ravioli with red sauce ($8.99):


We also threw in a meatball sandwich ($9.99), which was four homemade meatballs smothered in meat sauce and cheese on a sourdough roll:


As well as a bbq tri tip sandwich ($10.99), which included sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions:


Everything was simple, yet delicious, exactly how I like it.  For a quick lunch with zero fuss, Antipastos By DeRose is the place to go.  The people are friendly and efficient and the prices are reasonable.  I certainly wish I'd known about this place earlier!


Antipastos By DeRose
3454 McKee Rd
San Jose, CA 95127
(408) 251-5647
http://www.antipastosdeli.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!