Contra Costa County: Incas Grill Peruvian Restaurant

Early summer means cherry season in the Bay.  Back in June, a group of coworkers and I planned an outing to Brentwood with our families.  CK had just moved to the Bay from Chicago, so I invited her to come along with my parents in place of my sister, who wouldn't return from Denver until later that afternoon.

Even though it was only mid-morning, it was already almost unbearably hot.  After picking as many cherries as we wanted (my boss was a cherry picking machine until she realized that it was $3.50 per pound instead of $3.50 per bucket), we retreated to Incas Grill for lunch and some much needed air conditioning:


The restaurant was spacious and had plenty of room for a large party like ours:


It also had plenty of television screens for my coworker SM to watch the World Cup.

My parents left the ordering to CK and me.  We ultimately decided on splitting three things among the four of us.  We got the combo marino ($21), which was a mixed platter of fried calamari and fish ceviche:


The ceviche was fresh and the calamari lightly fried.  My mom was a huge fan of the calamari, but no surprise there.

Our server recommended the cau cau ($17), which was a tripe stew:


The stew was certainly delicious and paired well with rice, but my favorite ended up being the arroz con pollo ($17):


Both the rice and the chicken were simmered in some kind of cilantro sauce that was super fragrant.  I could have just eaten the rice without the chicken, it was that good.

Incas Grill has none of the frills and yet all of the awesomeness.  The food is good and the portions are generous.  I have to admit that I didn't have very high expectations at first.  I should have had more faith in my boss.  Our fearless leader would never lead us astray.

From Incas Grill, we went on to my boss' house where we pitted a buttload of cherries with which she made a cherry cobbler for us.  My boss is the cutest thing.  She purposefully bought a cherry pitter in preparation for that day.  She was super proud of the find and told all of us in glorious detail how she got it at a discounted price because of a price tag error.  Even better, it could pit seven cherries at a time.

Thank goodness she had that pitter.  Otherwise, we might still be there pitting those damn cherries.


Incas Grill
669 Clayton Rd, Ste D
Concord, CA 94521
(925) 687-2479
http://incasgrill.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!