Oakland: Cholita Linda

For my birthday this year, my Oakland/Chitown girls took me to Cholita Linda:


The interior was bright and colorful and had an airy feel thanks to the high ceilings:


We placed our order at the counter before grabbing a free table with our buzzer.

We ordered a couple tacos each.  The options were baja fish, carnitas, carne asada, pollo al pastor, and tofu.  Ugh.  Tofu.  All tacos were $3.50 each.

We got the crispy fried fish taco:


The carne asada:


And the carnitas:


All the tacos came topped with cabbage slaw, baja crema, and some kind of salsa (either red or green).

To share, we also got some plantains ($3 for five pieces):


And an order of chips and guacamole ($4.50):


We nibbled on the guacamole so sparingly at first that we ended up with leftover guac after all the chips were gone.  Luckily, we were given a refill of chips for no additional cost.  Woot!

To round out the meal, we got the maizena de coco ($3.50), which is essentially a coconut pudding drizzled with mango-passion fruit sauce:


You can also choose to top it with cinnamon, but hello?  Mango-passion fruit sauce!  I usually prefer savory over sweet, but the pudding turned out to be my favorite thing at Cholita Linda.  Super thick and creamy, the flavors reminded me a lot of the Thai sticky rice with mango dessert.  I could have finished one all by myself.

As for the tacos, they were alright.  But after experiencing the magic of Oakland's taco trucks, Cholita Linda's tacos just seemed rather frou-frou.  I prefer my tacos grittier...and cheaper.

Still, nothing like tacos and some of my favorite girls to help me kick off the last year of my 20's!


Cholita Linda
4923 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609
(510) 594-7610
https://www.cholitalinda.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!