South Bay: Soyful Desserts

My sister came home one day singing the praises of a pearl tea place that combines pearl tea with tofu desserts.  My chance to check it out came a lot sooner than expected.  T called over the weekend saying that VN wanted to meet up...at Soyful.

Soyful is located in the still mostly uninhabited part of the Grand Century complex.  It is, for lack of a better word, essentially a counter:


There are a handful of tables set up outside, but most people grab their drinks to go.  Luckily, a table cleared up while we were deciding what to order, so we snatched it up real quick.

T and VN both got the tofu pudding, basil seeds, and pandan jelly:


My sister got the creamy milk tea with Japanese pudding:


The milk tea was borderline too milky, but the silkiness of the pudding more than made up for it.

I contemplated getting one of the flavored soy milks, but in the end, I wanted something refreshing, so I ordered the Lily's Lychee with lychee jelly:


I asked for regular sweetness and boy, was it sweet.  Lesson learned.

A bit out of the way for me, but I wouldn't mind going back again.  That Japanese pudding was freakin' good.

My Peru trip is now just around the corner.  My sister and I will be flying out Monday morning.  (I still can't believe I'm going...probably because I haven't started packing yet.)  So this will be my last post before I return.

If in the next two weeks you hear a news story about an Asian girl at the top of Huayna Picchu demanding a helicopter lift off the mountain, that would be me.  Just giving you a heads up.

See you all in July!


Soyful Desserts
999 Story Rd
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 216-9026

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!