South Bay: Icebox

We were having such a great time chatting with my dad's cousin and her son that after BonChon, we decided to look for a dessert place where we could continue our conversation.  A quick Yelp search turned up Icebox:


If you want to check out Icebox, be prepared to possibly have to find outside parking as the parking lot is quite tiny.

I stole the bill at BonChon, so my dad's cousin insisted on treating us at Icebox.  Since I wasn't paying, I let her and her son do all the ordering.

To place your order, walk right up to the giant counter:


After you've paid, you'll get a number card, which you'll place in the cardholder at the table of your choice.  Your desserts are then brought out to you.

Shaved ice was the easiest to share, so my dad's cousin got us a mango shaved ice:


The ice itself was mango flavored and it came drizzled with condensed milk with fresh mango and popping boba on the side.  I avoided the popping boba (I think they're weird), but the rest of the plate was delicious.

Icebox is known for its ice cream macaron sandwiches.  You get to pair your choice of macaron with your choice of ice cream.  My sister selected an earl grey macaron and pistachio ice cream:


We also had a regular coffee macaron and a snickerdoodle.

The ice cream macaron sandwich is huge and yummy, but quite difficult to share.  My favorite of the day was actually the coffee macaron.  It wasn't overly sweet and the macaron shell had a nice texture.

All in all, Icebox is a great spot to hang out with your girlfriends.  Or have a date at.  Or just chill with your relatives, even extended ones.

And this, I swear, is my last post before Peru.  See you all on the other side!


Icebox
19929 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 257-7564
http://iceboxtreats.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!