Orange County: Seaside Bakery

At Pokinometry, my sister's friend's friend told us about a bakery at Newport Beach that sells green Thai tea.  We had to check it out.

The bakery itself was easy to miss:


No giant signs, just lots and lots of donuts:


We bought one medium Thai tea and one large green Thai tea:


I should have taken the lid off for the pictures, but even through the lid you can see how green the green Thai tea is.  Super, super green.  It tasted like Thai tea mixed with matcha green tea.

Not quite my cup of tea.  (Heh.  See what I did there?)  Luckily, I'd insisted on a regular Thai tea, which was rich and delicious.  Definitely not watered down at all.

The large cup was $3.25 while the medium cup was $2.75.  It doesn't matter what size you get your Thai tea, it lasts forever.  Okay, so not that dramatic, but the tea is so strong that it still tastes great after most of the ice melts.

My sister's friend's friend also recommended that we order the ham, cheese, and jalapeno croissant ($2.75):


Flaky on the outside and soft on the inside.  And the ham!:


The croissant was still warm, so the cheese was nice and melty.  There was jalapeno inside as well.  I was afraid that it would be spicy, but it really wasn't.  Just incredibly fragrant.

We loved Seaside Bakery so much that T and I went back the next day while my sister was doing her med school interview at UC Irvine.  T got her Thai tea green and I got mine regular.  No sharing necessary.

What could be better than sitting on the beach, watching the waves, while sipping an ice cold Thai tea in November?

Ah, I love California.


Seaside Bakery
2108 W Oceanfront
Newport Beach, CA 92663
(949) 675-2533

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!