Orange County: Pokinometry

After exploring the Griffith Observatory (and essentially hiking up and down a mountain to get to it), we met up with my sister's friend at Pokinometry:


Pokinometry is set up like a Chipotle:


But infinitely better.  Because instead of building your own burrito, you're building your own poke bowl.

Saaaaaay whaaaaat?

First you decide what you want your base to be: rice (white or brown), salad, or nachos.  Next, pick out what kind of fish you want.  For a medium bowl, you get three scoops of fish.  Five scoops for a large bowl.  "Fish" options include tuna, salmon, yellow tail, albacore, shrimp, octopus, scallop, and mashed tuna.  You can mix and match your fish or you can get multiple scoops of the same fish.  There are no rules.  You can do whatever you like.  It's your bowl.

In fact, if you're so inclined, you can douse your bowl with one of the spicy or non-spicy sauces.  Then top your bowl off with masago (smelt roe), green onion, sesame seeds...whatever your heart desires.

Here's what our large poki rice bowl ($10.50) looked like:


Since one bowl would't be nearly enough, we also got a poki salad ($8.75):


I was responsible for holding our table.  T and my sister went and did the ordering, so I have no clue what exactly went into our bowls.  All I know is that I loved them.  Both.  Even the salad one.

Gasp.  I know.

I would pick Pokinometry over Chipotle any day, every day.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll expand and open a branch in the Bay sometime soon.

Omigawdomigawdpleasepleasepleaseplease.


Pokinometry
184 S Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805
(657) 208-3488
http://www.pokinometry.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!