Orange County: 7 Leaves Cafe

Even though we were completely stuffed after Gen, that didn't stop us from trekking across the parking lot to 7 Leaves:


We weren't the only ones with the same idea.  I definitely saw some familiar faces inside:


Unlike most pearl tea places, 7 Leaves has a pretty limited menu.  After considering everything carefully, I decided on a Thai tea...only to find out that they'd run out.

I hate when that happens.  It always leaves me scrambling because I usually don't have a back up plan once I decide on something.

I fumbled a bit before stuttering out, "S-s-sunset passion!" ($3.75).  T was much more composed when she ordered her sea cream jasmine tea ($3).  My sister went for the house special coffee with cream ($2.85):


I did not enjoy the sunset passion at all.  Not only was it slightly salty, I spend most of the time spitting out passion fruit seeds.

When I was small, my parents told me that if I swallowed watermelon seeds, I would grow a watermelon in my stomach.  This warning, though silly, has obviously stuck with me.  While I don't mind strawberry seeds and while I've definitely swallowed a couple grape seeds in my life, I draw the line at passion fruit seeds.  It's one thing to grow a grape in your stomach, but a passion fruit is totally not acceptable.

Everyone else loved their drinks, however.  So we went back again the next night.

My sister got her house coffee again (without sea cream this time) while I tried something new:


The strawberry hibiscus tea ($3) was infused with real strawberries, apples, sweet rose hips, hibiscus flowers, and passion fruit.  Fruity and refreshing, it was definitely much tastier than the sunset passion.  I recommend it.

Strawberry seeds.  Much better than passion fruit.


7 Leaves Cafe
13771 Newport Ave, Ste 12
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 838-8887
http://www.7leavescafe.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!