France: Paul

On our way to the Lyon–Saint Exupéry Airport, we had to make a transfer at Gare de la Part-Dieu.  While at the station, we spotted Paul and decided to grab something for breakfast:


Judging by the long line, it's a popular place for a hit and run snack.  No surprise there.  Just look at the amazing selection:


We demolished the pain au chocolat while on the train to the airport:


Then killed the jambon (ham) sandwich while waiting for our flight to board:


As well as our last croissant in France:


Paul has good baked goods, for sure.  But the attitude of its staff leave much to be desired.  Even though I clearly pointed out what I wanted, twice, the chick behind the counter kept getting it wrong and when I pointed out her mistake, she actually rolled her eyes at me and make it seem like I was the one mixing her up.  And even though I never raised my voice or acted agitated (in fact, I kept smiling the entire time), the guy next to her told me in English to "relax" and "take it easy."

What the hell?  How condescending is that?

I had such a great time in Lyon (except for the two times we got racists comments while walking around), so it was a shame that we had to end our time there on such a bad note.


Paul
Gare de la Part-Dieu
69003 Lyon, France
http://www.paul.fr/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!