Chicago: Hannah's Bretzel

Now that my externship has started, I spend one day a week in the Loop.  One week, my hours downtown overlapped with CK's (she's participating in a clinic) and we were able to grab dinner before heading home together.  

There's not that many awesome food options in the Loop, but CK really enjoys Hannah's Bretzel, so I let her drag me through the glass revolving door:


If I were to try to describe the design concept, I would say Ikea with a dash of Home Depot:


Hannah's Bretzel is all about healthy eating.  You place your order and watch as your sandwich gets lovingly put together.  Then you choose from a variety of complimentary sides.  CK went with the roasted soy nuts:


I picked the least healthy option I could find...house chips with sea salt and black pepper:


CK's favorite sandwich is the pesto mozzarella, which apparently is the only sandwich she ever orders at Hannah's:


Besides the obvious, there were also vine tomatoes, baby arugula, and sun-dried tomatoes.

At the sandwich guy's recommendation, we also got the Hannah's club:


It came with smoked turkey (organic, of course), bacon, swiss gruyere cheese, avocado, vine tomatoes, red onions, romaine hearts, and alfalfa sprouts.

The best part of the sandwiches at Hannah's is really the bread, or I suppose I should say the "bretzel."  (Pretzel + baguette, get it?  Get it?  Hah!)  The texture of the bretzel is awesome on its own, but the salt crystals are what takes it to the next level.

Too bad the sandwiches are on the small side given how much they cost.  I guess if I'm ever stranded in the Loop, I won't go hungry...though I might go broke.


Hannah's Bretzel
131 S Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 621-1111
http://www.hannahsbretzel.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!