Chicago: Original Pancake House

It took me over a year of living in Hyde Park before I finally had breakfast as Original Pancake House:



I'd heard about there being a long wait in the mornings, but thanks to it being a Tuesday we didn't have to wait at all...at least not after our entire party arrived:



I felt like a total pig because I ordered the most food. To be honest, I wasn't all that hungry that morning. Even though all the pancakes and waffles sounded really delicious, I wasn't in the mood for something sweet, but at the same time, I didn't fee like it would be right to go to the Original Pancake House and well, not get pancakes. As a compromise, I settled on the southwest skillet, which came with 3 pancakes:



The skillet consisted of potatoes, cheese, chorizo, jalapenos, and bell peppers, topped by an egg (over easy in my case) and also came with a side of salsa. Very filling, with just the right amount of heat. I don't remember much about the pancakes, which I suppose says enough about them.

Many, many brunch places to check out in Chicago, but I wouldn't mind coming back to Original Pancake House again if I ever feel too lazy to venture out of Hyde Park.


Original Pancake House
1517 E Hyde Park Blvd
Chicago, IL 60615
(773) 288-2322
http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

Comments

  1. Everyone has a different way of making pancakes, it differs from state to state and country to country. People add different flavors, fruits, vegetables, dry fruits, and many more, according to their taste. Some like the delicious one and others like the healthy one. As my personal favorite is the red velvet pancake , which my mom used to make for me in childhood. I have tried different pancakes with different flavors and tastes, you can also make them in a healthy way by adding some fruits and nuts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!