Chicago: Ken Kee

Had to make a quick stop at Chinatown with father to pick up a few more groceries for Thanksgiving. Every time I go to Chinatown in Chicago, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have grown up in California where good Chinese food and Chinese grocery stores abound. Here in Chicago...not so much.

Finding a restaurant to eat at in Chinatown takes a lot of walking back and forth, trying to figure out which place has more elderly Chinese people seated inside. We finally decided on Ken Kee because my dad wanted some noodle soup and there's a giant lighted sign that says "noodle" on their window:



There's a drink bar inside too. Sometimes we go in just to get pearl tea:



I wasn't all that hungry, so I just ordered a beef brisket with steamed rice rolls:



Best part were the pieces of tendon. Mmm...

My dad and I obviously have similar tastes because he ordered the beef brisket noodles:



Decent Chinese food for super, super cheap. The steamed rolls were $3.50 while the noodles were $4.25. Ridiculous, no?


Ken Kee
2129 S China Pl #A
Chicago, IL 60616
(312) 326-2088
http://www.kenkee.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!