Chicago: Cafe Corea

I swear, before I started this blog, the only restaurant I would eat at in Hyde Park was Harold's. Maybe it's because it's midterm/brief assignment season and my friends and I don't have as much time as we'd like to venture out. Now that I've turned in my brief, I promise to go out and eat more exciting things at more exciting places.

But in the meantime, a few of my friends and I got together for dinner tonight at Cafe Corea:



I ordered the soondubu jjigae (soft tofu soup) because that's the only thing my Korean foodie roommate can't make at home:



The food is decent. Can't complain too much. The owners are kind and prices are fair. But living with my roommate has shown me how easy and cheap a lot of those pricey Korean dishes are to make. I've been spoiled by Korean home cooking, so restaurant fare just doesn't seem quite as impressive as it used to.


Cafe Corea
1603 E 55th St
Chicago, IL 60637
(773) 288-1795

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!