Chicago: Big Star

You know that winter is finally done and over with when Big Star busts out its patio seating. I've been to Big Star once before and while there's always been a lot of people, I never expected it be to this crazy on a Thursday evening. There was a long line to get into the bar, but luckily for us, we just wanted some tacos. So instead of getting in the monster line, we walked straight up to the window, ordered, and then grabbed a seat at one of the communal picnic tables:



My friend ordered the lamb taco, while I tried the al pastor:



At $3 apiece, the tacos are a bit small, but they're good. Really good. The combination of the pork and the pineapple in my taco was brilliant, but sadly, after the intense flavors of XOCO, my al pastor felt a little...underwhelming.

But this doesn't mean I won't be back. Big Star is a great place to bring your friends and chill over some beer and tacos. I'm not much of a drinker, so I can't say how good the alcohol is, but trust me when I say that the tacos are fantastic. So far I've had the lamb and the al pastor. The pork belly is next on my list. Beware of the lines though. And make sure you bring cash.


Big Star
1531 N Damen Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 235-4039

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!