Chicago: Noodles Etc

The girls were craving some Thai today, so we headed on over to Noodles Etc. As with any typical restaurant around a college campus, the place was filled with students (like us) looking for a quick and affordable meal.

The best part about eating out with friends is sharing and being able to sample more than one dish. We decided with two noodle dishes and a rice one.

The Pad Thai with chicken was probably my favorite of the night:



While I can't say that it was the best Pad Thai I've ever had, the chicken was pretty moist and the flavors pretty balanced.

The panang with beef, on the other hand, did not impress me at all:



The beef was dry and the curry itself was a bit...chalky.

The Pad See-Ew wasn't bad, but again, not fantastic either:



Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Noodles Etc, but more because of the company I was with than the food on the table. The food was decent, but not particularly memorable. Then again, I haven't really found any restaurants in Hyde Park (besides Harold's Chicken Shack...but that's a post for another day) that have made me want to return for seconds.

I wish my first post was more exciting, but there's plenty of amazing food out there so I'm not worried.



Noodles Etc
1333 East 57th St
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)684-2801
http://noodlesetc.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!