Tri-City: Tacos Papo

Even though Coyote Hills is so close, I didn't go to check it out until this past April.  T and I met HA and her family there.  When we saw all the cars in the parking lot outside the park, we were concerned that the lots inside might already be full.  However, once inside, we realized that all those people parked outside simply preferred to walk 0.5 miles than to pay the park's $5 parking fee.

As for T and I?  We gladly forked over the cash.

After a pleasant hike, T and I headed out to forage for lunch.  Tacos Papo popped up in my Yelp search and even though it was a bit out of the way, I wanted to try it:


The interior was quite big, but there was no indoor dining allowed at the time we went:


HA and her family only wanted tacos, but T and I were tempted by everything else on the menu.  As per usual, we ended up ordering way more than we should have.  

We got the nacho fries with birria ($9.50):


Since you can't seem to open Instagram without seeing one of these, we also had to get a quesabirria ($4), which came with a side of consommé:


And because we couldn't resist, we also got a tripa taco ($2.50), a buche taco ($2.50), and a lengua taco ($2.50):


We probably should have stopped there, but I saw Tapatio birria ramen ($10) on the menu and I had to try it:


First of all, everything was delicious.  But my favorite turned out to be the birria ramen.  It just checked all the boxes for me.  I'm a sucker for instant noodles and I'm a sucker for birria, so this was really a match made in foodie heaven for me.  As in this dish was basically designed with me in mind.

Tacos Papo is known for their beef birria, so I would probably skip on the other meats and focus on their strong suit.  Must orders are definitely the quesabirria and the birria ramen.  

Just trust me.  You won't regret it.  

(Unless you're a vegetarian.  In which case, I'm sorry, but I got nothing for you.)

Apparently Tacos Papo also offers $1 tacos on Tuesdays.  Which is fantastic, but unfortunately, it looks like the quesabirria is not available on Tuesdays because of that.  So sad.  But you should still go, fill up on $1 tacos, and then take a birria ramen to go!


Tacos Papo
2617 Decoto Rd
Union City, CA 94587
(510) 431-5202
http://tacospapo.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!