South Bay: Sno-Crave Tea House

It's almost impossible now to walk into an Asian plaza without finding a snow ice store.  Sno-Crave is a chain that offers all sorts of sweets.  There's one in Milpitas:


It's definitely designed with young peeps in mind:


I feel really old whenever I step foot into Sno-Crave, but that hasn't stopped me yet.  It's a good place to sit and hang out with friends, but that's irrelevant.  What's important are the desserts.

My favorite there is the yogurt snow ice:


Kind of overpriced at $6.95 (then again, I'm comparing it to Taiwan prices), but if you're a fan of Yakult, you'll definitely enjoy this snow ice.  It's not uber sweet and tastes exactly like Yakult.  The ice is creamy, just the way snow ice is supposed to be.

I ordered the sweet butter toast ($3.95) and what came was completely not what I imagined:


I guess I was expecting something like toast with condensed milk.  Instead, the toast came topped with this thick layer of sweetness:


Think the topping on pineapple buns, but times fifty and much richer and creamier.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Definitely not bad, but not something I would be able to eat more than maybe a quarter of on my own.  Much too sweet to have without a glass of milk.

I've also been to the Sno-Crave in Fremont, which always seems super busy.  There, I've tried the mixed fruit tea ($4.95 for a regular):


Basically black tea with pieces of fruit floating around in it.  Worth almost 5 bucks?  Meh.  But tastes good though.

I also tried the green tea snow ice with red bean ($6.95):


Very green tea-y.  Wish the red beans were a bit, well, mushier, but the texture of the snow ice was spot on, as usual.

The yogurt snow is still the best.  At least in my opinion.  Feel free to disagree.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to go back to Taiwan again.  Until then, I'll just have to make do with Sno-Crave for all my snow ice cravings.

And cry inside as I fork over the cash.


Sno-Crave Tea House
1777 N Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 956-9588
http://snocrave.com/

Sno-Crave Tea House
43773 Boscell Rd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 651-8888
http://snocrave.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!