South Bay: UlavacharU

Our tradition after completing an escape room is to find a restaurant in which to eat and debrief.  UlavacharU was a ten minute drive from Omescape Sunnyvale, so there we went:


The parking lot was pretty empty, but the restaurant was pretty full:

The lunch buffet wasn't open at the time (due to COVID concerns), so we settled with ordering a la carte.  For the six of us, we got the dhaba chilli chicken ($10.99):

The chicken tikka masala ($11.99) and the paneer aur mirchi ka salan ($12.99):

I picked the baingan ka bharta ($10.99) and because we couldn't decide between chicken tikka masala and butter chicken ($11.99), we got both:

To add some carbs, we ordered both the mutton dum biryani ($14.99) and the chicken dum biryani ($12.99):

And to sop up all the lovely sauces, we definitely had to get naan ($2 each):


I wish UlavacharU's portion sizes were a bit bigger, but other than that, I had nothing to complain about.  The service was quick and everything was delicious.  

Actually, wait.  I do have one complaint.  I was a bit appalled by how many peas were in the baingan ka bharta.  I recognize that this is a purely personal issue as I detest peas, but damn.  They really make you work to pick out all the peas.

The pandemic has really put a dent in our buffet adventures.  It sounds like UlavacharU's weekend lunch buffet is back though, so I'll need to go check them out again.


UlavacharU
685 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 912-1475
https://ulavacharuusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!