Chicago: Budlong Hot Chicken

I sprung my Chicago trip on Goddess C pretty last minute, so I wasn't too surprised when she already had plans the weekend I was there.  I certainly didn't expect for her to cancel her plans just to catch lunch with my sister and me on Friday.  But she did.  Because she's a kick-ass friend like that.

We met up at Revival Food Hall, a food court in the Loop close to Goddess C's office:


It being a workday, the place was packed with busy office workers looking for a quick lunch.

Goddess C recommended Budlong Hot Chicken:


My sister and I decided to split a hot chicken sandwich ($11):


The sandwich came with pickles, slaw, and Budlong sauce on a brioche bun:


I wasn't sure whether I would be able to handle hot chicken as I'm pretty weak when it comes to spicy stuff.  To my immense relief, the Budlong hot chicken was just spicy enough to make my nose run, yet not so spicy as to make me wish for a glass of milk and a new tongue.

We also tacked on a side of mac n cheese ($4):


It was creamy and rich without being overwhelming.  None of that congealed cheese crap...though perhaps we never let it get to that point because we scarfed it down so quickly.

Definitely recommend.  If you prefer more chicken and less carbs, follow Goddess C's lead and get the tenders (three pieces for $9).

Thanks, Goddess C, for switching your plans so last minute just to meet up with little ol' me.  You're the best. 


Budlong Hot Chicken
125 S Clark St
Chicago, IL 60603
(773) 270-9005
http://www.thebudlong.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!