Chicago: Grahamwich

On our way to the L after lunch at Naha, we passed by Grahamwich, the very much hyped about new creation of Graham Elliot:



My roommate pointed it out, I noted it, and we almost successfully continued on our way when my friend suddenly dug in her heels and refused to budge until we went in. Because we'd just finished a 3 course lunch just 10 minutes prior, we bypassed the sandwiches and went straight to dessert.

You place your order at the counter, pick it up when it's done, and take it to your seat. There's a little communal table in the back and a staircase hints at additional seating downstairs:



We shared the cinnamon stick soft serve ($4):



I loved the cinnamon ice cream, didn't know how I felt about the crumbled pie crust, and picked around the slivers of roasted apple. Cooked fruit just isn't really my thing, ya know?

According to my roommate, the sandwiches are good but rather underwhelming. As I've never actually tried one, I'll have to reserve judgment on that one.


Grahamwich
615 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 256-0434

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!