South Bay: Santa Fe Taqueria

It's no big secret that I love tripas tacos.  My go-to place in the Bay used to be Taqueria Sinaloa in Fruitvale, but on my recent few trips, they didn't have tripas.  Just as I was about to panic, T and CV brought me to Santa Fe Taqueria:


After placing our order at the counter, T and CV went a bit crazy packing salsas to take home:


We were also a bit ambitious in our ordering.  We got the carne asada fries ($10.99):


And a carne asada quesadilla ($6.99):


And of course, tripas tacos ($2.59 each):


Given that we got two tacos per person, it really was too much food for the three of us.  We might not have finished the quesadilla, but we for sure demolished the tacos.

I've gone back to Santa Fe Taqueria a few times since and it is now my new go-to tripas taco joint.  The tripas are so damn good and you can make them even better by asking for them to be extra crispy.  Best of all, Santa Fe Taqueria is super close to my house.  No more trekking to Oakland to get tripas!

I've introduced Santa Fe Taqueria to other friends and I always tell them to only order tripas and to bypass all the other meats.  Well, unless you're ordering the carne asada fries.  That's pretty bomb too. 

Wait.  I wonder if it's possible to swap out the carne asada on the fries for tripas...?!?!  Holy moly.  That would be genius!  Gotta ask the next time I go!


Santa Fe Taqueria
942 S White Rd
San Jose, CA 95127
(408) 258-2599

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!