Oakland: Cafe Gabriela

One of my favorite lunch places in downtown Oakland is just far enough from my office to be slightly inconvenient for a lunch hour run.  This means that I seize the chance whenever I'm already in the area around noon to go to Cafe Gabriela:


There's not much space inside in terms of seating, but most people order to go:


What I love to get at Cafe Gabriela is their pulled pork adobo sandwich and their arugula and spring mix salad.  For the best of both worlds, I always order the half sandwich, half salad combo ($8.25):


The pulled pork is juicy and flavorful with that Filipino flair while the salad has this bright and lemony dressing that is oh-so-good.  And what a great deal for less than $10!  Service is friendly and quick and everything that you'd want in a good work lunch spot.

If our office was just two blocks closer, I would be at Cafe Gabriela more days in a week than my wallet would probably allow.


Cafe Gabriela
988 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 763-2233

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!