South Bay: TP Tea

My go-to milk tea spot used to be 7 Leaves.  I love the intense tea flavor of their assam milk tea and how almost silky the mouthfeel is.  The only thing I don't enjoy is how sweet it is, even at their "less sweet" sugar level.  (I'm not about to ask for zero sweetness though, because that would just be barbaric.)  Sometimes I would even add water to dilute it just a bit.

Well, move aside 7 Leaves because I've met someone new.  Founded in Taichung, Taiwan in 2005, TP Tea opened a branch in Cupertino at the end of 2018:


There seems to always be a line, at least on the weekend, and the line starts forming well before they open at noon.

There are tables inside, but with so many people either waiting to place their order or waiting to pick up their order, it's not really a comfortable place to hang out:


Which is why we always take our drinks for the road:

 

I'm pretty basic when it comes to boba.  My usual order is just milk tea.  Sometimes I ask for pearls if I'm feeling fancy.  Otherwise, I save my milk tea in the fridge and sip on it over the course of a couple days.  (This drives my sister crazy.)

TP Tea's milk tea ($4.50 for a large, $4.99 with pearls) has a strong tea flavor, which I love, and 80% sweet is just the perfect amount of sweetness for me.  No additional water necessary!

Even though I've found a new favorite, I'm not abandoning 7 Leaves completely.  TP Tea is all the way in Cupertino while 7 Leaves is literally walking distance from my house.  But if I wanted to treat myself, I would totally make the trek to TP Tea.  

And apparently I'm not the only one.  Even during a pandemic, the line at TP Tea is still super long, albeit socially distanced.  Nothing can stand in the way of people and their boba.


TP Tea
10787 S Blaney Ave
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 320-1890

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!