South Bay: Old Town Shanghai

UK had to get his car fixed at Costco in Sunnyvale earlier this year.  Abby and I picked him up and whisked him away to lunch.  Well, first we had to pull over into an empty parking lot to look up a restaurant to eat at.  

We ultimately decided on Old Town Shanghai:


Seeing all Chinese families inside, we felt pretty confident in our choice:


The three of us decided to split a noodle with scallion sauce ($7.95):


An order of fried pork chop over rice ($10.95):


Some spicy shrimp and pork wontons ($8.85):


And my sister's favorite, some pan fried buns ($8.95):


Nothing really blew us away, but the flavors did take my sister and me back to our childhood.  Old Town Shanghai is everything we remember our favorite childhood restaurants to be.  The service is quick, the atmosphere casual, and the food straightforward with zero frills.  Prices are reasonable and the portions filling.  

I might not go out of my way to go back to Old Town Shanghai, but I wouldn't mind another visit in the future if I'm in the area.


Old Town Shanghai
251 S Mary Ave #1
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 
(408) 743-5728

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!