Korea: Peony

What do you you do in Seoul when you need to walk off a food coma?  Go shopping in Hongdae.  And what do you do when your feet get tired from all the walking?

Apparently find a cake shop to feed your food coma.  Which is exactly what we did:


Peony was a super cute cafe with lots of pretty cakes:


Jiejie has this thing about eating whole cakes.  She likes to buy whole cakes and then just dig straight into it.  No time for slicing and plating with her.

We managed to talk her down from buying a whole cake and instead got a mixed berry tarte (₩3800 / $3.22):


A slice of strawberry shortcake (₩6300 / $5.34):


And a slice of cheesecake (₩5800 / $4.92):


I wasn't expecting to be blown away (and I wasn't), but for a pit stop that was really meant to help us kill time and rest our feet, I really enjoyed it.  The cakes were decent and very pretty to look at.  I'm personally not a big fan of lighter Asian-style cakes, but Jiejie loved them.  The feel of the place was very feminine, which explained the groups of girls inside...and the couples on dates.

My favorite part was watching in awe as the four stylish ladies at the table next to ours sang happy birthday to their friend and then proceeded to do some serious damage to their whole cake.  There was a first round of very generous slices and then they went back for seconds!

I'm sorry, Jiejie.  I wish we could've ordered a whole cake for you.  But CK and I are just too weak.


Peony
서울특별시 마포구 어울마당로 56
+82 2-333-5325

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!