Jackson Hole: The Virginian

Instead of waking up early for a hike on our last morning in Wyoming, we treated ourselves to brunch at The Virginian:


The place was packed and seemingly mostly with locals:


Since it was my last day on vacation, I allowed myself to order a hot chocolate ($2.75):


Even without seeing the food, I knew this place was going to be good just by how much whipped cream was in that mug.

The four of us split a few dishes as we usually do.  I picked the corned beef hash ($11.95):


It laid on a bed of potatoes under a blanket of two eggs with buttered toast on the side.

We also got the chicken fried steak ($13.95):


Even though the two eggs seem to take up most of the plate, the steak was by no means small.  T asked to swap out the potatoes for grits.  And instead of toast, we got a biscuit:


To go with our biscuit, we ordered a side of sausage gravy ($3.50):


While I don't usually gravitate toward pork chops ($11.95), I'm glad DK ordered them:


The chops were very juicy, to my surprise.  They came with potatoes, two eggs, and toast, which again we substituted with a biscuit instead.

We didn't have enough stomach space for a full stack of pancakes, but we certainly couldn't leave without trying one ($4.95):


We couldn't have asked for a better way to end our trip.  There's no holding back at The Virginian.  You enter with an empty stomach and you leave in a food coma.  There's no way around it.  Guaranteed food coma.  Every single dish was satisfying in a way that only good, solid brunch food can be.  From the fluffy pancake to the buttery biscuit, from the savory hash to the hearty pork chops, everything was spot on delicious.

Except for maybe the grits.  But I might be biased.  I don't really understand grits.

Highly, highly recommend The Virginian.

We gave Grand Teton National Park one last chance before we said goodbye for good.  Unfortunately, the sky was even more overcast than the day before and the Tetons were still nowhere in sight.  Here's a picture of what we're supposed to be seeing versus what our actual view was:


Freakin' Tetons.  I guess this just means I need to go back again.  And when I do, I'll definitely be getting my food coma on at The Virginian.


The Virginian
740 W Broadway
Jackson, WY 83001
(307) 733-4330
https://www.virginianrestaurant.net/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!