Jackson Hole: Bubba's Bar-B-Que Restaurant

We could tell that Grand Teton National Park is supposed to be gorgeous.  However, the weather just wasn't cooperating.  There was only a brief moment toward the end of our day in the park when the clouds shifted just enough to reveal the Tetons:


Other than that, we spent the entire 42-mile scenic drive around the park looking at where the mountains were supposed to be and imagining what they look like.  "What Tetons?" became the theme of our trip.  

We continued to joke about the missing Tetons as we had a late lunch/early dinner at Bubba's Bar-B-Que:     


The restaurant had a really casual feel:


Our server was super friendly and very apologetic when she delivered the news that they were out of onion rings.  (Apparently there was an onion ring shortage going on.)  I was devastated, but I rallied and pivoted to pickle chips ($8):


Since it was a barbecue restaurant, we ordered the St. Louis ribs lunch special ($18):


As well as the beef brisket lunch special ($15):


Each lunch special came with Texas toast and a choice of two sides.  We tried the fries, coleslaw, potato salad, and mac n' cheese.

We saw that there was a buffalo burger ($18) on the menu and were curious:


I can't say that buffalo was particularly memorable.  It tasted like a pretty standard burger with BBQ sauce, gouda cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and onion.

The chicken fried steak sandwich was actually more up my alley ($14):


Just look at that gravy!

All sandwiches and burgers came in your choice of either Texas toast or toasted bun along with your choice of one side.  

To help us get over the disappointment of not seeing the Tetons, we got a slice of buttermilk pie ($7):


While it tasted very homey and we certainly appreciated the extra whipped cream, it wasn't quite my cup of tea.  I'm not a pie person to begin with and these are probably my least favorite kind.  

I take it back.  My least favorite pie is pumpkin pie.  I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it!   
Overall, Bubba's was a solid place to get a filling meal with hearty portions.  Don't even think about going if you're on a diet though.  It's fried, it's buttered, it's greasy, and it's utterly delicious.  The barbecue wasn't quite as outstanding as Firehole in West Yellowstone, but it was nothing to sneeze at either.

If I ever go back to try to see the Tetons, I could definitely see myself hitting up Bubba's again.


Bubba's Bar-B-Que Restaurant
100 Flat Creek Dr
Jackson, WY 83001
(307) 733-2288
https://bubbasjh.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!