Costa Rica: Wikiped

After Tortuguero, we had one last night in San Jose before our flight out of Costa Rica the next morning.  Abby had been in Costa Rica for a month and she couldn't wait any longer for Chinese food, not even one more night.

San Jose's Chinatown was pretty small.  Most of the restaurants were empty, but we found long lines outside places that sold boba:


Wikiped was both boba shop and restaurant:


There wasn't much of a line for the restaurant, so we were seated rather quickly.  

After walking all day, I wanted something refreshing.  The mango passionfruit green tea (₡2300 or around $2.75) sounded like it would fit the bill: 


I'm not a fan of the floweriness of green tea, but I was hoping that passionfruit flavor would be strong enough to mask most of it.  It was not.  Oh, well.  You win some and you lose some.  I still drank it.

I went something simple and ordered the wonton noodle soup (₡4000 or around $6):


Abby got the spicy beef noodle soup (₡4500 or around $4.80):


It's probably unfair to compare Wikiped to Chinese restaurants in the Bay.  So I won't.  Instead, I'll just say that I wasn't mad at it.  And more importantly, Wikiped did its job and helped tide my sister over until she was able to return home to have our mother's cooking.

And so ends our adventures in Costa Rica!  We went from cloud forest to volcano to Caribbean Sea.  We got to see sloths upon sloths upon sloths.  And we ate rice and beans in more variations than I knew existed.

Thank you, Costa Rica, for showing us such an amazing time.  Pura vida!  


Wikiped
CR Barrio Chino, San José Av 8 Calle 1 y 3, 10101, Costa Rica 
+506 2101 0009
https://www.wikipedcooking.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!