South Bay: Funny Farm Restaurant

Omygawd.  Omygawd, you guys.  I've finally made it into 2020!  Alright, so I'm still six months behind in my posts, but let's focus on the positive, shall we?

Abby and I had checked out Funny Farm's pop up kitchen in the Sideline Sports Bar a while back, but I didn't make it to their actual restaurant until AG and CK took me there in January:


The interior was super loud and colorful in the most fun way possible:


Disney's "The Little Mermaid" was playing on the big screen, which just about made my day.

Along with the menus, we were brought little squares of bubble wrap to pop while waiting for our food:


Before I could finish popping my square, the food arrived.  The three of us split the beef short rib poutine ($10):


It came topped with braised beef short rib and crispy onion strings.  Very savory, very hearty, and totally up my alley.

We also ordered the truffle shuffle burger ($14.68):


It included swiss cheese, bacon, mushrooms sauteed in white trufle oil, and Funny Farm sauce.  No greens in sight, just the way I like it.

This photo of the UFO burger ($13.76) really doesn't do it justice:


From this angle, you can't really tell that this stacked burger consisted of two 1/4 lb beef patties, crispy bacon, pepper jack cheese, monkey sauce, jalapeno poppers, and a jalapeno frico (essentially a cheese crisp).  It was a monster, for sure.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Funny Farm.  The staff were friendly, the vibe laid back, and the food pretty darn solid.  The prices weren't outrageous either.

If you're looking for a salad, maybe skip Funny Farm.  But if you're craving a hearty burger with fries, look no further.


Funny Farm Restaurant
3245 Stevens Creek Blvd
San Jose, CA 95117
(408) 244-4424
https://funnyfarmrestaurant.square.site/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!