Berkeley: Nanayiro

On Sunday, my sister and I went up to Berkeley to cheer my ex-roommate on (or more accurately, embarrass her) at her graduation. After the speediest graduation ceremony I've ever sat through (less than an hour?!), we were treated to lunch at Nanayiro.

Nanayiro was our go-to Japanese restaurant back in our undergrad days. It serves decent food and more importantly, it's located right across the street from our apartment. How convenient is that? It did, however, take us a while to figure out the restaurant name as there's no sign outside.

As always, we started off with salad and miso soup:



My sister and I split a roll and an udon. To get maximum sashimi love, we went with the rose garden roll:



It's basically a hamachi and avocado roll wrapped in alternating pieces of salmon and tuna sashimi. So pretty.

Here's the beef udon:



The noodles were Q, so no complaints here.

I just wanted to include a photo of my friend's baked mussels:



They were on FIRE. Crazy cool.

Congratulations to my Korean dongseng on your graduation! And a big thanks to your parents for a fantastic meal.


Nanayiro
2399 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 94701
(510) 704-8224

Comments

  1. ames, you take really nice pics of food. the sushi one made me salivate. -c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!