South Bay: Ranch 99

One of my favorite things in the world (after chicken butt) is roast pork:



Luckily for me, I live right behind a Ranch 99 (don't listen to Socal peeps who call it 99 Ranch). Unlike many other places, Ranch 99 actually roasts its own pigs in the back.

My sister and I love roast pork so much that we know the pork schedule. You really need to get there early to get the choice cuts of pork. (You want the rib area for maximum skin and minimal pork meat. Big hunks of pork tend to taste a bit dry.) Officially, the pig is supposed to come out at 11am...but it actually comes out closer to 10:50-ish. My sister and I are usually there by 10:45. First in line, baby! For lunch, we would often order 1/2 lb of roast pork and 1/2 lb of pork intestines to share.

The best part, in my opinion, is the crunchy pork skin...with the juicy layer of fat underneath. Mmm....


Ranch 99
1688 Hostetter Rd
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 436-8899

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!