San Francisco: Brenda's French Soul Food

To celebrate my birthday and my best friend completing her CA teacher certification tests, the two of us spent the entire day exploring San Francisco. We started our SF food adventure with brunch at Brenda's French Soul Food:



There was quite a wait when we arrived, but it wasn't quite as bad as we'd feared. We only waited slightly over an hour (instead of the two hours that I'd predicted) before we were called in to sit at a counter seat.

I don't usually order drinks at restaurants (I blame it on my Chinese upbringing), but I couldn't resist watermelon iced tea:



No artificial watermelon flavoring here! It tasted like honest to goodness fresh watermelon juice and even better, it came with free refills.

Because we wanted to try all the different beignets offered, we ordered the beignet flight:



The beignet flight came with 4 beignets. There was the plain, which was fluffy and heavenly. Then there was the molten Ghirardelli chocolate:



The granny smith apple with cinnamon honey butter:



And finally the crawfish with cayenne, scallions, and cheddar:



My favorite was the crawfish. Hands down. The Ghirardelli chocolate came in second. It was very rich...so rich that I don't think I could eat a whole one myself.

Since we had more planned after brunch, we shared a fried catfish eggs benedict with grits at the recommendation of our server:



The eggs benedict were fantabulous. Just look at that egg yolk:



The sauce was amazing too. Sadly, I wasn't a big fan of the grits. I don't think I've ever enjoyed grits. Next time (and there will be a next time), I'll be sure to get the hash.

Brenda's is a must try in San Francisco!


Brenda's French Soul Food
652 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 345-8100
http://www.frenchsoulfood.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!