San Francisco: Farmerbrown's Little Skillet

We wanted to start our San Francisco day trip with some brunch that would be light and delicious, but cheap. My friend suddenly mentioned that she had a craving for soul food. I'd heard a lot about Farmerbrown, but a peek at the menu showed that it would be a bit on the heavy side and also a bit more than we wanted to pay. Luckily for us, we discovered through a little research that Farmerbrown had a cheaper offshoot called Little Skillet:



Don't expect seating or service here. Little Skillet is just a window, plain and simple:



There's also a rack with all sorts of condiments (including sriracha!), water, and padding for your butt if you want to sit at the loading dock across the street:



I ordered the 2 piece chicken plus waffle for $8:



I'd read that if you want dark meat, order the 2 piece combo. Like me, my friend wanted to avoid breast meat, so she ordered the 2 piece combo as well. But unlike me, she ended up with a piece of chicken breast. She was a little disappointed, but in the end, said that it was not as dry as she feared it would be. Indeed, the fried chicken was quite awesome. The batter was very light and crunchy, the meat super juicy. The waffle was rather ordinary, however the syrup was like no other syrup I'd ever had before.

When we went, there wasn't much of a line, but I've heard that the wait can get pretty ridiculous. So arrive early (it closes at 2:30pm) and bring cash!


Farmerbrown's Little Skillet
360 Ritch St
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 777-2777
http://littleskilletsf.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!