South Bay: Xian Kitchen

The McCarthy Ranch plaza has gone through quite a few changes over the last few years.  There are many new restaurants, many of which I still haven't tried.  One that I did, however, is Xian Kitchen:


Despite pandemic times, Xian Kitchen is almost always busy: 


My first experience at Xian Kitchen was shared with Abby and UK.  The three of us split a big plate chicken ($24.99):


This photo does not capture how gigantic the plate was.  It was definitely enough food for at least three people.  The chicken was cut into big chunks, as were the potatoes.  It also came with thick, thick noodles:


I'm a sucker for fried intestine ($17.49):


Fried so crispy, they really hit the spot.

We were super curious about the fried jelly ($11.49):


I've only ever had these cold, so it was very interesting to try them hot.  And by hot, I mean lava hot.  Be careful you guys, these look innocent, but they can really do damage.

Everything I've had at Xian Kitchen so far has been delicious.  I've gone back a few times since then to try some other dishes and they have a chili oil noodle that's freakin' bomb.  They also have a Chinese pita bread soaked in lamb soup that is very lamb-y for those of us who love lamb.  Definitely get something with a thick noodle though because Xian Kitchen's noodles are so fresh and bouncy.

The best deal, in my opinion, is the big plate chicken.  The quantity is no joke.  We've ordered it to-go and it comes in an actual party tray.  (I think you might get more to-go than when you dine in.)

I'm not the best when it comes to eating spicy, but I'm able to handle Xian Kitchen's level of spice.  It definitely gets my nose running though.  Luckily, when the mouth-numbing-ness gets too much, I can easily skip a few doors down for some boba from Ume Tea.


Xian Kitchen
300 Barber Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 526-1500
https://www.39miles.com/p/12189499

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!