South Bay: Milohas

Now that CK and AG have settled into their new home in South San Jose, we're relying on them to tell us where the good food is at down there.  One of the first places CK introduced Abby and me to was Milohas:


Milohas is the place to go if you're looking for Colombian pastries or ice cream in exotic fruit flavors.  There aren't that many tables inside, so most people order to go:


We were there for the empanadas:


CK highly recommended the beef empanada ($4.35):


And for good reason.  The filling was super fragrant and flavorful with its garlic, onion, green onion, and beef mix.

The chicken ($4.35) was also delicious in flavor, though a bit on the dry side:


The scrambled egg and ham ($4.35) was interesting, but not my favorite:


What took everything to the next level was the sauce that came with the empanadas:


I don't know what's in it, but it tasted clean and fresh and I couldn't get enough.

Even though we were there for the empanadas, we couldn't help noticing a few other things in the display counter.  We ended up with a cheese arepa ($4.25):


As well as a bunuelo ($3.25) and a guava finger ($1.75):


The guava filling was a bit strange to me:


It was very thick, like a paste, and I wasn't a fan of the flavor.

I was, however, a big fan of the passion fruit mousse:


So creamy and tart!  The only thing that took a little getting used to was the crunchy passion fruit seeds. 

I will definitely be heading to Milohas whenever I feel an empanada craving coming on.  Abby has already gone back to try the ice cream. 

Without me.

...No loyalty in that one.  Sigh.


Milohas
4662 Meridian Ave
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 784-3736
http://www.milohaspastries.com/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!