Thailand: Oceanside Restaurant

Not only did the hospital shuttle take us to the floating market, it also brought us to a restaurant by the ocean for lunch.



That's right.  The hospital shuttle took us to the ocean.  Here was the view from our table:


It was low tide so all we could see was endless sand, pockets of water, and millions upon millions of tiny crabs.  I would hate to take a walk down there.

Once again, Dr. Chu handled all the ordering.  Tom yum kung was a no-brainer:


There was also crab fried rice:


Then came two dishes that changed my life.  First was this crab curry:


The crab was good, yadda yadda yadda, but the SAUCE.  Omygawd the sauce.  I was basically drinking it straight from the bowl by the spoonful.  Coconut-y and slightly sweet and holy moly I want some now!

Next was a steamed fish in tom kha soup:


Say wut?!  Condensed tom kha soup?  Wow.  That fish was just ridiculous.  So ridiculous that all fish should be cooked in tom kha soup.  And served in a fish-shaped platter.

Next to the crab curry and the fish, everything else kinda paled in comparison.  Like this sea squirt dish:


There was something about a special Thai herb, but I honestly don't remember.  I think I was too busy stuffing my face (chopsticks in one hand picking up fish, spoon in the other scooping up crab curry) to pay attention to Dr. Chu.  (Sorry, Dr. Chu!)

I don't even remember there being a som tam (papaya salad):



Since I have a photo of it, it must have been there.  I just don't remember eating it.  It certainly looks pretty though, doesn't it?

After lunch, the hospital shuttle took us back to Bangkok.  Don't ask me about the car ride.  All of us conked out from food coma, even Dr. Chu.  Luckily for us, AG's family took pity on us and dinner was a quiet, light meal at home.  Finally, a break.

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!