Taiwan: Yong He Soy Milk King

Next in my sticking-close-to-my-grandparents'-house meal series is 永和豆漿大王 (Yong He Soy Milk King):



Yong He is a pretty famous chain store with really, really good soy milk. It serves Taiwanese breakfast foods, so it felt a little weird to be going there for dinner. But then I thought of IHOP or Denny's where you can get pancakes whenever you feel like it, and it suddenly didn't seem so weird anymore.

I'd been craving salty soy milk for a long time:



To make it salty, they add vinegar (which somewhat congeals the hot soy milk), you tiao (Chinese fried dough), pickled daikon, and green onion. You are then free to add soy sauce to taste. So yummy!

Because soy milk is never enough by itself, I got another you tiao and a chive box (jiu cai he zi):



I've had better chive boxes and the you tiao definitely tastes better fresh. But hey, no complaints here. Good food for really cheap. Dinner for three for slightly more than $5. Woot woot!

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!