South Bay: Lisa's Tea Treasures

For my birthday last year, my friend WH rented a convertible so that we could blast music from our childhood while cruising with the top down.  When her birthday rolled around this year, I had a difficult time thinking of something to do for her.  I mean, what could top a convertible?  

WH took pity on me and hinted that she'd always been curious about afternoon tea.  I seized the lifeline she tossed me and we met at Lisa's Tea Treasures for a little birthday tea party:


The interior was divided into multiple rooms, all decorated with a Victorian vibe:


Each table came with a little bell to ring for service.  With the servers dressed in black and white maid uniforms, I couldn't not bring myself to use the bell.  It just felt all sorts of wrong.  Luckily, we didn't need to use the bell as our server checked on us periodically.

Lisa's Tea Treasures' afternoon tea menu included different tea sets.  Each came with your choice of tea, cocoa, coffee, chai, lemonade, or milk.  Instead of browsing through the long list of tea options, I just went with chai:    


I decided to try the Jane Austen tea set.  It started with cookies...er, biscuits and lemon curd:


The plate of pastries included a scone, a mini beef wellington and spinach cheese puff, a rosemary chicken croissant, a mixed berry cream cheese sandwich, and a cucumber mint sandwich:


It also came with a choice of dessert.  I opted for the grasshopper cheesecake:


It might not look like a lot of food, but I left Lisa's Tea Treasures pretty full.  Nothing stood out as being spectacular, however nothing was bad either.  It was all very...pleasant.

The tea set cost $39.95, which while not cheap, is also pretty common when it comes to afternoon tea.  I don't mind going when my friends want to, but afternoon tea just isn't really my thing.  Or my cup of tea, if you will.  

I would much rather take that money and go to a Korean BBQ buffet or a sushi buffet.  What do you guys think?


Lisa's Tea Treasure
2305 S Winchester Blvd #110
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 371-7377
http://lisastea.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!