South Bay: Sam & Curry

Abby and I are nowhere near the status of a foodie influencer, but we were fortunate enough to have Sam & Curry invite us over to try them out:

Sam & Curry took over the location of a former Chipotle and it looked like they didn't have to do much remodeling: 

Essentially Sam & Curry is the Indian version of Chipotle:

You can choose to build your own Indian burrito, burrito bowl, salad bowl, or roti tacos.  Instead of carne asada and carnitas, you get your pick of chicken curry ($8.95), lamb curry ($9.95), shrimp ($10.95), paneer ($9.95), and saag ($8.95).  And who needs salsa and sour cream when you can have chutney and raita?

Abby went the taco route:

One order came with three roti tacos.  They were kind enough to let us get a mix of different bases.  Abby got the shrimp, saag, and lamb. 

I went with my usual Chipotle order, the salad bowl...but with rice.  So basically a burrito bowl with some lettuce on top.  It just makes me feel better to call it a salad bowl:

I asked for both the chicken curry and the lamb.  This was like no salad bowl I'd ever gotten at Chipotle.  The Sam & Curry bowl was hefty and saucy and more than I could handle in one sitting.

Sam & Curry was also kind enough to gift us two bottled drinks ($2.95 each).  There were many interesting flavors, but we went with guava and lychee:


I especially enjoyed the basil seeds in the lychee drink.

I have to admit that I went to Sam & Curry with pretty low expectations.  I'm not usually a fan of fusion or trendy takes on cuisine.  However, Sam & Curry proved to know what they're doing.  The curries were surprisingly good and the portion sizes very generous.  The staff were also super friendly and helpful.

If you're looking for Indian food fast, Sam & Curry is the place to go!  Luckily for me, Sam & Curry is located pretty close to my house.  I will definitely be going back.  


Sam & Curry
1751 N 1st St #40
San Jose, CA 95112
(669) 242-7956
https://samandcurry.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!