Sacramento: Gunther's Ice Cream

On the way back to the Bay from whitewater rafting, we made a pit stop at Gunther's for some ice cream:


It was a crazy hot day.  So hot that there was even a news crew outside filming a segment about the heat.  We carefully made our way around them and into the shop:


While I was in line, I kept waffling between what flavors I wanted.  I knew I was going to order a small 50/50, which was vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two fruit freezes.  Fruit freeze flavors included orange, strawberry, lemon, pineapple, strawberry banana, mango, raspberry, lime, and guava.  One second I was in the mood for lemon, the next I was craving raspberry.

In the end, I went with my heart at the moment my order was taken and got mango and guava.  Apparently, my heart also wanted a medium ($6.95) rather than a small:


Everyone else got a small.  It was just me with my medium, which looked gigantic in comparison.  This is what happens when I listen to my heart.

I have zero regrets though.  The vanilla was creamy, while the fruit flavors were refreshing.  Perfect for a hot day.  I sampled all of my friends' fruit freezes and they are all delicious.  Definitely made with real fruit.

I'm rarely in Sacramento, but Gunther's has now been added to my list of stops to make while there!


Gunther's Ice Cream
2801 Franklin Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 457-6646
https://gunthersicecream.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!