SF Peninsula: Tacos Los Gemelos

I have come to realize that I've barely scratched the surface of regional and county parks in the Bay.  Back in May, my friends and I did a hike in Huddart Park.  It was our first time there and we ended up getting crazy lost trying to find the right trail.  What was supposed to be a quick hike ended up turning into a much longer one, but we ultimately made it out alive.

We retreated to Tacos Los Gemelos to lick our wounds and rehash where we went wrong:


It was my first time there, but I had a good feeling about the place the moment I stepped inside:


T and I split a plate of tacos ($2.75 each).  We got lengua, cabeza, and barbacoa:


What I loved the most was the obviously handmade tortillas.  You really don't know what you're missing out on until you've had a handmade tortilla.  The texture is just different and so is the taste.

The meat was also stewed to perfection.  So soft, so flavorful!  

T can never say no to a quesadilla, which we got with barbacoa ($4.25):


I knew that I wanted to try their consome.  We got a small for $1.50:


I asked the guy who took our order if we should also order rice and beans ($3.50).  He said he could attest to how delicious the rice is...because he made it.  Well, then.  It would've been awkward if I didn't order it after that, no?

He wasn't exaggerating though.  That rice was some of the best rice I've ever had.  I even went back to tell him so.  (I also ordered more tacos to share with CK and AG later because they were that good and I'm a good friend.)

To make sure I didn't choke, I tacked on a horchata ($3.49):


It was the least memorable thing we had that meal, but it served its purpose.

The tacos themselves were enough to guarantee that I would be back, but the rice really cinched it.  While we were there, I saw a bunch of people ordering giant bowls of barbacoa.  I definitely want to give that a try next time.  

Tacos Los Gemelos, wait for me.  I'll being see you soon.


Tacos Los Gemelos
1630 El Camino Real #2108
Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 367-4987

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!