Orange County: Mon Ami Cafe

I first heard about bo ne when I watched a random Youtube video about food in Westminster.  Steak and cream sauce on a sizzling plate with bread and eggs?  I was immediately 100% in.  

I made it a point to add Mon Ami Cafe to our food itinerary:


The interior was very spacious and designed to resemble a Parisian plaza complete with storefronts, trees, streetlamps, and even a moped:


We spent some time pointing out little details in the décor, but then the food arrived and we promptly forgot about everything except what was on the table before us.  

Bo ne is essentially the Vietnamese version of steak and eggs.  The steak is served on a sizzling plate doused in sauce with an egg on the side.  Mon Ami Cafe offers a few different sauce options, all $14.95 each.  

We got the bo ne with garlic sauce:


The bo ne with pate sauce:


And the bo ne with mushroom wine sauce:


 Each sizzling plate also came with a mini baguette and a side salad:


You can either make yourself a little sandwich or do what I did and use the bread to sop up all the rich, creamy, saucy goodness.  I couldn't decide which sauce I liked more, so I ended up just rotating through each one.

It's really all about the sauce.  The steak itself is thin and while delicious, it doesn't necessarily add much to the experience.  At least to me.  I have peasant taste buds, so I'm perfectly happy with just bread and sauce.

Don't expect stellar service at Mon Ami Cafe.  Do expect excellent bo ne with warm, fresh bread.  Perfect for breakfast or brunch.  Mon Ami has other things on its menu, but if I ever go back, I will probably not be able to look beyond the bo ne section.

I'm a bo ne fan for life.


Mon Ami Cafe
14291 Euclid St, D116 
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 554-9888
http://www.monamicafe.info/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!