South Bay: Nuoc Mia Vien Dong 2

I rarely venture into Little Saigon in San Jose because the traffic around the area can be pretty insane.  So when I do, I make the most of it by hitting up as many food spots as I can.  One of my favorite places to stop is Nuoc Mia Vien Dong 2:


Located in the plaza next to Grand Century, this little cafe is the perfect place to grab a drink or a quick dessert:


For me, the appeal lies in the waffles.  Not just any boring old waffles.  Oh, no.  Nuon Mia Vien Dong 2 offers flavored waffles.  You can get blueberry or banana if you wish, but that's not what I go for.

My trifecta is the pandan, taro, and durian waffles ($3 each):


There's definitely an order to eating them.  You have to start with the taro as that's the most mild flavor.  Then you work up to the pandan before finally tackling the boss flavor, the durian:


They're wonderfully crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.  The flavors are present without being overpoweringly sweet.  The durian is by far my favorite.

And when the food is that good, but the lighting poor, you go back another day for a photoshoot:


Love, love, love!



Nuoc Mia Vien Dong 2
979 Story Rd, Ste 7096
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 975-6625

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!