South Bay: ToCoToCo Tea

ToCoToCo Tea opened years ago in my neighborhood, but with so many great pearl tea options around, I was just never curious enough to check it out.

Abby and I finally made it there when T and CV took us there back in November:


The interior was brightly lit with plenty of seating:


Most of the drinks at ToCoToCo were $4.95 and we got to choose one topping for free.  I don't know what CV and T ordered, but Abby got the regular pearl milk tea with tapioca (rightmost) while I decided to try something new and get the melon milk tea with basil seeds (leftmost):


I regretted my choice the moment I took my first sip.  That artificial melon taste was just not me.  It was so bad that I couldn't finish the drink.  

I tried to get the taste out of my mouth by eating fried calamari ($5.45):


But that turned out to be a major disappointment as well.  The photo on the menu showed calamari tentacles, which I love, but the reality were these rings that were more batter than calamari.

Boooooo.

Guess my initial instinct to stay away was right.


ToCoToCo Tea
1694 Berryessa Rd
San Jose, CA 95133
(408) 649-3167

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!