South Bay: Blaze Pizza

When PC texted out of nowhere asking whether my sister and I wanted to get free pizza at 9:00 at night, I hesitated for a second.  But only because Blaze Pizza is backed by Lebron James and fresh off the Warriors victory in the NBA championships this year, I didn't want to support anything that would benefit Lebron.

But then PC said that by getting the pizza for free, we'd essentially be "sticking it" to Lebron James.

Well.

In that case, count me in.

To celebrate its opening in San Jose, Blaze was offering one free pizza per person.  All you had to do was follow them on one of their social media accounts.  Given that they closed at 10:00, we hoped things would have quieted down by 9:00.  We should have known better:


The line continued outside and around the corner.

By the time we got inside the building, they were no longer bothering to check social media accounts:


Just like Pieology, Blaze Pizza allows you to design your own pizza:


It's essentially a Chipotle for pizzas.  You pick your pizza dough, then the sauce, cheese, meats, and veggies.  Once you finish designing your pizza, it goes off to bake.  Right before you take it with you, you're given a chance to add some finishing touches (fresh arugula, olive oil, balsamic glaze, buffalo sauce, pesto, and/or ranch).

Fool that I am, while we were standing in line, I naively asked PC and my sister what we wanted on our pizza.  As in our one single pizza for the three of us.  The two of them gave me a look of such disgust before immediately putting me in my place.

Shame on me.  Of course we weren't going to share.  Of course we were each going to order our own pizza.

At 9:00 at night.

My sister joked that our pizzas would turn out pretty similar since we have pretty similar tastes.  She was correct.  Here's mine:


And here's my sister's:


They were basically the same thing.  We both chose chicken, pesto sauce, ricotta cheese, roasted whole garlic, basil, and red onions.  The only difference was that she added bacon and fresh arugula to hers.

Sister power!

While we got our pizzas free (take that, Lebron!), a build-your-own-pizza at Blaze would typically cost $7.95.  If I must be honest, I have to admit that the pizza was quite good.  And $7.95 is a beyond reasonable price.  Plus the service was super friendly and efficient.

...Dammit, Lebron.


Blaze Pizza
5353 Almaden Expy
San Jose, CA 95118
(408) 380-1221
http://www.blazepizza.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!