Peru: Inka Paradise Hotel

We only stayed one night in Ollantaytambo, but it was quite a comfortable one at Inka Paradise:


Our room was essentially four beds crammed into one space.  Not that we minded, when we had hot showers and this amazing view:


Guh.  I can't even.

Breakfast is included when you stay at Inka Paradise.  We woke up early to get first dibs on the food and so we could squeeze in a hike before our train to Aguas Calientes.

There were a lot of tea bags to choose from, but I took the boring route and chose chamomile:


Peruvians apparently like their bread with butter and jam:


Or maybe that's what Peruvians think foreigners like with their bread.  I can't disagree.  It was delicious.

The bread itself was flat and a little hard.  No fluffy buns here.  It was a little hard to swallow at first, but butter solves all problems.

We were asked how we wanted eggs.  I requested a scramble:


In hindsight, I should have gone with over easy, but an egg is an egg is an egg.  And it's even better when you get two eggs.  Woooo!

After breakfast, we took on the mountain across from the Ollantaytambo ruins.  The goal was to get up to Pinkuylluna (the granaries):


I don't typically post photos that are unrelated to food, but Pinkuylluna is too majestic not to share.

And now I must admit that I didn't make it all the way up to the ruins.

Yea.  I wimped out.

The path just got rockier and rockier and I let my fear of the climb down deter me from reaching the top.  Instead, I sat at the midpoint and watched as my sister, CK, and AG gingerly pick their way up to the granaries.

I regret not sticking through it, but I don't regret my alone time on the side of that mountain.  That silence.  That sense of peace.  That view.

On our way down, we were joined by a new friend:


Unlike me, this puppy had absolutely no fear.  He scampered circles around us on that mountainside and ultimately followed us all the way back to our hostel.  We played with him until it was time to head to the train station.

It broke our heart a little to see him staring forlornly at us as we climbed into our taxi, but alas, with the main event of our trip just around the corner, we could only move forward.

Onward!


Inka Paradise Hotel
Mascabamba s/n, 084 Ollantaytambo, Peru
+51 084 204062

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!