San Francisco: Golden Gate Bakery

The first time I tried to go to Golden Gate Bakery, it was closed.  The second time I tried to go, AF and I jumped out of the car in the middle of the street and TT circled the block.  Success!:


No pictures allowed inside, so I shadily took one outside:



No shame, right?

Golden Gate Bakery is known for its egg tarts:


Okay.  Confession time.  I may be Chinese, but I do NOT like egg tarts.  Blasphemy.  I know.  I just don't enjoy that egg-y taste/texture.  Which is the same reason why I don't like flan or quiches.

All the same, I tried the egg tarts.  One as is and one frozen.  I was meh about both.

Sorry, okay!  I can't help it.

Since it was the Moon Festival, we had to get mooncakes.  Or mooncake.  Singular:


AF and I decided on the lotus seed paste:


It was good, but as with all mooncakes, I really couldn't eat more than two wedges.  That stuff is deeeense.

Golden Gate Bakery, I may not see what all the fuss is about, but that's probably because I'm not Chinese enough.

It's not you, it's me.


Golden Gate Bakery
1029 Grant Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 781-2627
http://goldengatebakery.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!