Oakland: TrueBurger

Now that I'm working in Oakland, I should really start to make my way around the restaurants in the area.  It's just that the commute from Oakland to San Jose is such a pain that I hardly ever want to stick around after work.

Luckily, I have SY to keep me from bolting to Bart at 5:00pm every once in a while.  And as one who has lived in Oakland for a while, she makes a great guide as well.

When our plans to meet to Karmen fell through, it was SY who suggested TrueBurger:


A last minute patient kept Karmen from being able to give us a heads up, so by the time we received her text, it was pretty late and we just wanted to eat something quick and easy.

Perhaps these people had the same idea:


After placing our order at the counter, we grabbed a table.

I ordered a simple Trueburger and some cheese fries:


I apologize for the crummy photos.  I'd forgotten my camera at home.  I know, I know.  I'm sorry.

Here's a cross section of the burger:


Every burger comes with lettuce, tomato, and garlic mayo.  What's more interesting is TrueBurger's toasted egg buns.  Not exactly what you'd expect for a burger.  The Trueburger was super juicy and delicious, but also kinda pricey.  $5.15 is not exactly cheap for a basic hamburger.

The cheese fries were my favorite though.  Probably because the cheddar cheese sauce tasted like...mashed potatoes?!  I would go back for the fries alone.


TrueBurger 
146 Grand Ave
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 208-5678

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!