South Bay: 99 Chicken

I made an exception during my lockdown for TT.  We were originally planning on meeting for lunch in SF, but I chickened out.  The more I looked at my Barbri books, the less comfortable I felt about taking time away from studying to get to the city.  TT was very understanding and we changed the fun fat day (fat fun day?) game plan to eating in the South Bay.

I emailed her a couple of options and we settled on 99 Chicken:


The place was pretty quiet when we got there, but quickly filled up by the time we were getting ready to leave:


There's a salad buffet bar where you can munch on veggies to your little heart's content:


I particularly loved the peanut-y salad dressing.  If I had a bottle of that stuff, I would never complain about eating salad.  Ever.

The real draw of 99 Chicken is its fried chicken:


Of course we had to try a bit of everything.  Combo power!  Ten pieces in total including three regular, two honey, two spicy, and two sauce (whatever that means).  Not exactly the cheapest fried chicken at $15.99, but man, was it good.  I think my favorite was the regular.  The sauce and the spicy one were good, but nothing beat the taste of straight freshly fried chicken.  Love the batter too.  The honey...meh.  I would skip that one.  

TT actually wimped out on me and couldn't finish her last wing.  If she wasn't going to, I certainly wasn't going to stuff myself.  So we packed it home.  

Fail, fun fat day friend.  Fail.  You really let me down there.


99 Chicken
2781 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408) 244-5599

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!