South Bay: The Everest Momo

After seeing momos over all Insta, I was really curious to try them myself.  There aren't that many Nepalese restaurants in the South Bay, but The Everest Momo was a name that kept popping up.  I finally had a chance to check it out with T last fall.  

The Everest Momo has trucks in multiple locations.  The one in Milpitas happens to be really close to my house:


The Everest Momo's menu essentially falls into two categories: veggie and chicken.  You can probably guess which half I focused on.  

We got the chicken chili with rice ($10.74): 


The chicken was marinated and cooked with onions, green chilies, soy sauce, and white pepper.

We also got the chicken chow mein ($8.69):


Pretty self explanatory.  The noodles came with chicken, carrots, cabbage, green beans, onions, eggs, and garlic.

If you haven't heard of a momo, it's basically a Nepalese steamed dumpling.  Like the rest of the menu, The Everest Momo's momos come in veggie and chicken.  If you can't choose, you can get them half and half ($9.99):


This chicken momo was filled with minced chicken, onions, ginger, and cilantro:


While the veggie momo is stuffed with paneer, spinach, cabbage, onion, ginger, garlic, and cilantro:


Both come with The Everest Momo's chutney and chili sauce:


The momos were definitely the star of the show.  Then again, I might be biased.  I love dumplings in all forms.  However, next to the momos, the rice and noodle dishes were a bit lackluster in comparison.  The chicken was fine, but the noodles were a bit too dry for me.  Not even the chutney could save them.

My curiosity has been satisfied.  I'm not sure I'll ever crave a momo, but if I do, I know where to get them now.


The Everest Momo
81 S Main St 
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 840-6369
https://everestmomo.us/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!